// Aptera announces two new supply agreements to bring its flagship SEV to serial production
Following news of a strategic deal for electric motors announced last week, Aptera Motors has announced an additional agreement to receive lithium-ion battery cells from EVE Energy
- GreenCarReports.com says Aptera chooses EVE Energy 2170 cells for 1,000-mile solar-supplemented EV
// Volkswagen Unveils ID. Aero Concept Of Global Electric Sedan
Volkswagen has revealed today its all-new ID. Aero Concept, which previews the upcoming all-electric global sedan that’s based on the MEB architecture.
- Electrek.com says Volkswagen reveals ID. AERO concept — its first all-electric sedan offering a 385-mile range
THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES AND STATS
// Mercedes EQXX Sets New Record — 747 Miles On One Charge
A few months ago, the experimental Mercedes EQXX set a world record for an electric car — 620 miles without stopping to recharge.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- Polestar Goes Public On Nasdaq Via SPAC Merger, Raises $890 Million
- 11% of New Car Sales in Europe Electric (19% Plugins)
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// ASU Gives Us A Deeper Look Into Solar Car Competitions
Unlike many press releases, we see about solar car races, a recent one from Arizona State University gives us a lot more detail on the effort that goes into making a solar racecar.
// UK home charging company EVIOS secures £5.8 million investment
EVIOS, a British provider of residential charging, has secured significant new external investment within weeks of launching. The company has now raised some £5.8 million.
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// Stock version of the Lucid Air Grand Touring wins fastest production car at Goodwood 2022
During this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, Lucid Motors not only publicly debuted its Air Grand Touring Performance for the first time, but raced up the famed hill … quickly.
// Tesla Megapacks are about to replace Hawaii’s last remaining coal plant
Tesla Megapacks are on their way to Hawaii in order to create a giant new energy storage system that is about to replace the state’s last remaining coal power plant.
// The American Conservative Says It’s Okay To Like EVs! Well, Sorta
According to a recent editorial in The American Conservative magazine, if automakers “build the EV right, they will come.”
BEST OF THE REST // ONE LINERS
- New Tesla China Program: Trade In Your Gas Car For An EV
- GMC Hummer EV will get new ‘Extract Mode,’ delivering 16 inches of ground clearance
- Rivian’s first DC fast charging sites are launching this week
- Ford issues safety compliance recall on F-150 Lightning, citing issue with tire pressure increasing risk of crash
- Drop-in electric conversion kit for Land Rover Defender: Make your own electric SUV
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// Two EVs, One EV Charging Port: No Problem, Says GM
General Motors just announced a convenient new EV charging app for its electric vehicle portfolio, and that could be just the tip of the next-generation EV charging iceberg for GM fans.
// EV efficiency, upstream emissions not included in US vehicle standards: Lost opportunity?
The more electricity EVs consume from a dirty grid, the bigger their carbon footprint; EV efficiency is important.
// Easelink tests automated taxi stand charging in Austria
One of the provisions of Austria’s Energy and Climate Plan calls for all taxis to be emission-free by 2025, and this is driving innovation.
// McMurtry Speirling Electric Fan Car Breaks All Records At Goodwood
Ever heard of the McMurtry Spéirling single-seater electric fan car? If not, that changes today as the wild-looking electric racer has broken both the official and unofficial Hillclimb records at the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed.
// Tesla Producing Model Y Long Range In Texas: Two Production Lines?
We assume the Long Range version produced in Texas uses 2170 battery cells, but Tesla hasn’t provided details.
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- Nidec to build EV component plant in China
- Report: Tesla Will Upgrade Its Plant In Shanghai To Boost Production
- Quick Charge Podcast: June 27, 2022
- Tesla pauses some Berlin-built Model Y deliveries over electric motor issue
- General Motors Embraces Plug & Charge Technology
- Adventurer Chris Ramsey Talks EVs & His Upcoming Pole-To-Pole Trip — Part 2
- Analyst Upgrades Tesla’s Stock On “Strong Competitive Advantage”
- Italy’s EV Sales Recover In May: Light At The End Of The Tunnel
- Volkswagen ID.5 GTX Completes Bjørn’s 1,000 Km Challenge In 10 Hours
- MKBHD Explains Why Ford’s F-150 Lightning Is The iPhone Of Pickups