THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES, AND STATS
// Genesis Electrified GV70 Makes Its European Debut At Goodwood
Genesis presents the Electrified GV70 model for the first time in Europe at the 2022 Goodwood Festival Of Speed.
// Report: Genesis Electrified G80 Launch Delayed
The all-electric Genesis Electrified G80 will enter the US market later than initially planned, but it’s still expected in 2022.
// Toyota bZ4X First Review — Mediocre At Best
Schadenfruede is a German word that has no direct English equivalent, but if you said it involves taking pleasure in someone else’s misfortune, you wouldn’t be too far off.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- Volkswagen ID.5 GTX Beats ID.4 GTX In Bjørn Nyland’s Range Test
- Cadillac Celestiq Luxury EV May Cost Up To $300,000
- Video: Lightyear 0 Solar Electric Car First Look
- EV Market Share Growth in 16 Lagging European Countries
- NIO Has Passed 200,000 Cumulative EV Deliveries
- Norway: Tesla Model Y Entered A Higher Sales Gear In June
- China: Plug-In Car Sales Climbed To Over 400,000 In May 2022
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// EV Charging Network: 8 Ways US States & Cities Can Make it Work
Electric vehicles (EVs) are on the rise in the United States, and so too is the nation’s EV charging network.
// Arizona DOT Wants You To Suggest Locations For EV Charging Stations
In another recent article, I discussed an innovative initiative in Washington (the state, not the district) to collect suggestions from the public about where EV charging stations are needed.
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// Lexus Shows Off Electric LFA Successor At Goodwood
Lexus finally has another supercar in the works. Over 10 years after the iconic LFA went on sale, the company is working on an all-electric successor.
// Watch an electric “fan car” beat every car ever at Goodwood Hill Climb
A fully electric car has beaten every car ever at the Goodwood Hillclimb track at the Festival of Speed, an annual gathering and demonstration of racing vehicles in England.
// Is it better to buy or lease an electric vehicle?
So you’ve made the wise decision to go all-electric and get yourself your first EV. Nice. With plenty of options hitting roads in 2022 and even more electric vehicles on the way, you may wonder if it’s a wiser move to start with a lease, or go straight for the buy.
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// Exxon CEO says no new gas cars globally by 2040, goes wolf in sheep’s clothing about CO2
Every new passenger car sold in the world will be electric by 2040, according to Exxon Mobil CEO Darren Woods in an interview aired this weekend by CNBC.
// Moke America’s street-legal open-top mini electric cars want to trade high speed for high fun
Remember that fun little Jeep-lookin’ Mini Moke from a post-WWII British military vehicle development program?
// Ford Ends Leasing Buyout Provision For Electric Vehicles
It used to be that leasing a car was a way for some people to drive more car than they could afford if they were to buy it outright.
// Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Italy’s EV market is not yet out of the woods, but things are starting to look up again.
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- Ford’s Choice of Valencia, Spain, Plant For European Next-Gen EV Platform Seems To Be Controversial
- Adventurer Chris Ramsey Talks EVs & His Upcoming Pole-To-Pole Trip — Part 1
- Tesla Model S Plaid: Detailed Paint Quality Analysis
- Tesla’s Stock Upgraded On “Strong Competitive Advantage”
- Awesomely Weird Alibaba Electric Vehicle of the Week: $4,500 Flatbed Electric Truck