// Einride Pod Cabless Truck Granted NHTSA Approval For US Roads
The Swedish freight technology startup will conduct a public road pilot in Tennessee in Q3 2022 with its self-driving electric truck.
- Cleantechnica.com says Einride Receives NHTSA Approval To Test Autonomous Trucks
- InsideEVs.com says GM Launches Plug And Charge Feature For Its Existing And Future EVs
THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES, AND STATS
// Citroen My Ami EV Buggy Sells Out In 18 Minutes
Granted, they didn’t build that many of them, but it still shows strong demand for this little beachside runabout.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- China Electric Car Market — 31% Market Share In May!
- Tesla prepares to upgrade Gigafactory Shanghai to produce 21,000 EVs per week
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// Singapore Takes Giant Step Forward
In a forward-thinking move, the Singapore government is proposing that all new buildings with car parks (parking lots) will have to install electric vehicle (EV) charging points in at least 1%
// CATL Qilin Battery With 1000 Kilometer Range Coming In 2023
CATL says its new Qirin battery has 13% more energy density than Tesla’s 4680 cells and can go 1000 km without recharging.
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// MG’s Facelifted MG5 EV Wagon Makes UK Debut At Goodwood
The refreshed electric wagon has been available since October 2021 in mainland Europe, but it is only now crossing the English Channel.
// Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX concept breaks record with 746-mile trip on a single charge
The electric concept with the solar roof broke its own record in a single-charge trip from Stuttgart to Silverstone.
// Tesla relaunches $6,000 Enhanced Autopilot – gutting Full Self-Driving package in the process
Tesla has relaunched its Enhanced Autopilot option and pulled almost all the features from its Full Self-Driving (FSD) package in the process.
BEST OF THE REST // ONE LINERS
- Polestar completes SPAC merger and begins trading on Nasdaq under ticker $PSNY
- With in-wheel motors, Lightyear claims most efficient production powertrain in the world
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// Tata Nexon EV Investigated After It Burst Into Flames On Video In India
Looks like EV fires are just as big a concern for everyone regardless of brand or continent.
// Tesla Sets Up Random Drawing For 2022 Annual Stockholder Meeting
Tesla will hold a random drawing to select shareholders to attend the 2022 annual stockholder meeting, reports Tesla Oracle,
// Biden’s proposed gas-tax holiday has a lot of skeptics, from economists to environmentalists
Suspending a federal fuel tax of 24 cents per gallon of gas won’t help address the problems contributing to higher prices at the pump, opponents of the gas-tax holiday say.
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- Tata Nexon EV Investigated After It Burst Into Flames On Video In India
- Tesla Model S Now 10 Years Old — What Has Changed In The Auto World?
- A Guide To Fuel Efficient Driving — Part One (2022 Update)
- Will Tesla’s Recent Stock Price Fall Mark Turning Point?