// Polestar 5 confirmed with 884 hp, 800-volt architecture
The flagship EV expected for 2024 takes aim at the Tesla Model S, Lucid Air, and Mercedes-Benz EQS.
- InsideEVs.com says 2024 Polestar 5 First Powertrain Details: 871 HP And 664 Lb-Ft
// Report: Made-In-Texas Tesla Model Y Price Increased By $2,000
The Tesla Model Y version, produced on a limited scale at the Tesla Giga Texas plant, has not avoided price increases, which recently rolled through Tesla’s lineup.
// Aptera Reportedly Looking To Adopt Tesla Charging Connector
One of the many peculiarities of Aptera’s solar EV prototypes was the fact that the startup chose to equip it with Tesla’s proprietary charging connector, not a standard plug like everyone else.
- Cleantechnica.com says Aptera Reveals Factory, Prefers The Tesla Charging Connector
THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES, AND STATS
// XPeng Reaches 200,000 Vehicle Deliveries in Under 4 Years
Three and a half years after its first vehicle delivery, the delivery of an XPeng P7 in December 2018, XPeng has reached the milestone of 200,000 vehicle deliveries — all 100% electric vehicles, of course.
// New Genesis GV60 to come with 3 years of free charging from Electrify America
Buyers of the 2023 GV60 electric SUV will receive 3 years of 30-minute complimentary charging sessions on the Electrify America public charging network.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- Cadillac Opens 2024 Lyriq Preorders After 2023 Model Sold Out
- Mercedes-Benz’s ultra-efficient VISION EQXX electric car traveled 750 miles (1,200 km) on a single charge
- GM Cruise takes first fares for paid driverless taxi in San Francisco
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// Tesla launches new virtual power plant that pays
Tesla has launched a new virtual power plant in partnership with PG&E in California that will pay Powerwall owners to help stabilize the electric grid and end brownouts in California.
// Samsung SDI Will Produce 4640 & 4660 Battery Cells
Tesla introduced the world to the 4680 battery cell. At 46 millimeters in diameter and 80 millimeters long, it was supposed to beof batteries — the perfect size for getting the most bang for the buck out of an EV battery pack.
GO JUICE // ONE LINERS
- Volta’s Charging for All initiative aims to deliver affordable access to EV charging
- The KATEK Group’s ghostONE white-label wallbox charger
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// Cadillac Shows More Of The Celestiq Concept’s Celestial Cabin
Cadillac continues to tease the Celestiq Concept by releasing the most revealing interior photos yet of its near-production electric flagship sedan.
// Toyota BZ4X and Subaru Solterra recalled for loose wheels
A wheel bolt could loosen, possibly allowing a wheel to break free on the Toyota BZ4X and Subaru Solterra EV SUVs.
// Union-made bonus for EV tax credit proposal is gone, Manchin confirms
The end of a proposed stipulation to extend the federal EV tax credit to union-made electric vehicles might help legislators pass a stalled bill to encourage EV adoption.
BEST OF THE REST // ONE LINERS
- Toyota recalls all its bZ4X electric cars over wheels potentially falling off
- When Should We Expect The Toyota MR2 Electric Successor’s Debut?
- GM adds Plug and Charge to EVgo Ultium Charge 360, vehicles including Bolt
- Einride gets NHTSA approval to operate its autonomous electric trucks on US roads
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// ECD Automotive Design adds electric Jaguar E-Types to its repertoire using Tesla motors
One-of-a-kind custom vehicle manufacturer is at it again, announcing it will now offer the classic Jaguar E-Type in addition to unique Land Rover Defenders and Range Rovers.
// Women Are Leading India’s EV Revolution. What Can The World Learn From Them?
Technology advances are breaking all kinds of patterns. One notable improvement is more women in automotive workplaces in India.
// NIO Enters the Global Stage — Not Your Average Carmaker
NIO is the new kid on the block. And it is different from all the other new kids that are trying to fit in.
// Volkswagen ID.5 Banana Box Test: Almost No Compromise Over ID.4
Both cars were able to take the same number of boxes in the trunk.
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- New research looks at the economics of aluminum for EVs
- Will Tesla’s Recent Stock Price Fall Mark Turning Point?
- Elon Musk Confirms Tesla Cybertruck Design Has Been Finalized
- Can Tesla Insurance Help Increase Driver Safety?
- Raw Material Costs For EVs Doubled During COVID — Is It Biden’s Fault?
- Supervan Returns! Ford’s Wackiest Concept Reborn as a 2000 HP EV
- Used Car Prices Are Dropping, But Not For Electric Cars
- Ford’s Farley Says Early Mustang Mach-E Design Looked Like Prius
- First Tesla Model Y From Texas Emerged In Tesla’s Existing Inventory
- Musk Says Berlin and Austin Plants Are “Gigantic Money Furnaces”