// Tesla Tops Cars.com American-Made Index, Model Y Claims Lead
The American-Made Index ranks the top new vehicles that contribute the most to the US economy.
- Cleantechnica.com says Tesla Model Y & Model 3 Named By Cars.Com The Most American-Made Cars
// Redwood Materials will help Toyota reuse and recycle hybrid
J.B. Straubel’s Redwood will help reuse and recycle batteries from hybrid cars, helping Toyota to further reduce its environmental footprint.
- Cleantechnica.com says Toyota Teams Up With Redwood Materials For EV Battery Recycling
THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES, AND STATS
// First drive in the Lightyear 0: A genuine solar EV is closer than ever to becoming reality
For the last decade, the cofounders at Lightyear have been working to defy one single, formidable statement – a solar EV cannot be done.
// This New ABB Facility Will Produce One DC Fast Charger Every 20 Minutes
It will be able to produce more than 10,000 units annually.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- 2023 Nissan Leaf starts at $28,895 in base S form: Refreshed look, 149-mile range
- XPeng Celebrates Delivery Of 200,000th Electric Car
- Volkswagen ID. Aero Concept Sedan Teased Again, Will Debut June 27
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// VW Opens US Battery Research Lab
In another article, I briefly discussed Volkswagen’s plans to build a battery production facility and another automotive factory in the United States.
// New Batteries, Battery Safety, Inspiration — Interview With ZapBatt CEO Charlie Welch, Part 2
ZapBatt CEO Charlie Welch recently discussed batteries, solving climate change, and battery recycling with me.
// Biden to propose gas tax suspension – a Band-Aid on an open wound
President Biden is preparing to propose a three-month gas tax suspension to Congress, but at this point, it’s only a Band-Aid on a big open wound.
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// 2024 Polestar 5 Realistically Rendered Based On Patent Images
While clearly inspired by the Precept, the Polestar 5 flagship EV will not be a carbon copy of the concept when it launches in 2024.
// Volkswagen Previews Aero Sedan, Studies Grid Integration For Electric Cars
Volkswagen continues to push the EV revolution forward with new electric cars and grid stabilization strategies.
BEST OF THE REST // ONE LINERS
- Volkswagen Wants More US Battery Production
- Ford F-150 Lightning: Ford Says Dealers Decide If Buyers Can Resell
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// Tesla Cybertruck design is ‘finally locked’ and gets an updated timeline
After several revisions, Elon Musk says that the final Tesla Cybertruck design is “finally locked,” and he updated the timeline to production for mid-2023.
// GM Idling Hummer EV Plant To Prepare For Production Expansion
The four-week pause will be used to retool Factory Zero for new products, including Chevrolet Silverado EV and GMC Sierra Denali EV.
// Tom Morton Drives His 62 KWh Nissan Leaf 345 KM Non-Stop From Kisumu To Nairobi!
Kenya is one of the best places for electric vehicles. The grid is very green, with over 90% of electricity generated from renewable energy…
// Rivian will install a wind turbine to power new R1 electric vehicles’ first charge
Rivian plans to install a 2.8-megawatt wind turbine on the east side of its Normal, Illinois, manufacturing plant.
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- Elon Musk considers Tesla ads to counter media bias
- Tesla Model Y, Model 3 are the most American-made vehicles, annual study finds
- Report: Kia Adopts CATL Batteries For EVs Sold In South Korea
- Ford Selects Valencia Plant To Produce EVs
- Lucid Air Electric Sedan: How Much Does It Cost To Lease?
- Tesloid’s Model Y Frunk Cooler is the perfect road trip companion this summer
- The $4,500 electric car tax credit bonus for union-made EVs is not on the table anymore
- XPeng suspends P5 reservations in Europe citing issues with export timeline