// Elon Musk moves Tesla layoff target from 10% to 3% of employees
Elon Musk has now moved the target for the new wave of layoffs at Tesla from 10% reduction of the workforce to 3% of employees.
- InsideEVs.com says Tesla’s Elon Musk Shares Details About Job Cuts, 3.5% Drop In Headcount
THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES, AND STATS
// Honda Begins Taking Orders for e:NP1 In China
Honda and GAC are ready to start taking pre-orders for the e:NP1, an affordable 5-door compact SUV for China.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- New Electric Renault Megane E-Tech Priced At £35,995 In UK
- Tesla dominates the list of most American-made cars
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// Kroger, the US’s largest supermarket chain, is adding more level 2 and 3 EV chargers
Kroger, the largest supermarket chain in the US and the second-largest retailer overall behind Walmart, is adding more DC fast and level 2 Volta EV chargers to its stores.
GO JUICE // ONE LINERS
- Impossible Mining — Interviewing CEO Oliver Gunasekara, Part 2
- Interview with WAVE CEO on Wireless Electric Bus Charging — Part 2
- InoBat and Green Lithium to establish large-scale lithium refinery in the UK
- Aptera wants to adopt Tesla’s charge connector for its solar electric car
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// In-wheel motor co-developed by Lightyear and Elaphe reaches 97% energy efficiency during testing
Solar EV company Lightyear says the EV powertrain it has co-developed with in-wheel-drive technology company Elaphe is the most efficient production EV powertrain in the world.
// Norway Rethinks Its Incentive Package For Electric Cars
If anyone wants to know how to transition from conventional cars to electric cars in a short amount of time, just take a look at Norway.
BEST OF THE REST // ONE LINERS
- Ferrari Says All-Electric Cars Will Make Up 5% Of Its Sales In 2026
- Hyundai Teases Ioniq 6 In Concept Sketch
- Tesla Owner Suggests Enhanced Autopilot Return To US, Musk Agrees
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// 2023 Honda HR-V is a hybrid system away from greatness
Honda is the fuel economy leader, and yet the latest American HR-V is near the back of the pack in mpg.
// The Not Too Distant Future
In the not too distant future, as the gap between the energy-rich and the energy-poor widens, a dystopian landscape faces us.
// Automakers Front & Centre at Noosa EV Expo — But We’re Still Needed to Debunk Disinformation
It was hard to miss the glossy BMW iX3 and iX4 at the recent Noosa EV Expo in Australia. There were also Hyundai Konas, a Mazda MX 30, and a couple of Ioniq 5s.
// I’m Having Gas Anxiety!
I’m away on vacation and, so, in place of my everyday EV, I’m driving an internal combustion engine (ICE) car. I acknowledge that anytime I switch from one vehicle to another, I have to build in some necessary adaptation time.
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- Electric Motorbikes & Off-Road Trucks to Unlock Growth & Jobs Across the UK
- Cadillac CELESTIQ Teaser Images Released, Production Site Chosen
- Unplugged Performance Is Giving Away A Tesla Model S Plaid To Support The JuJu Foundation
- Union Claims Tesla’s Low Wages Are Hindering Hiring At Giga Berlin
- GM’s BrightDrop Delivers First 150 Zevo 600 Electric Vans To FedEx
- Is The Ford F-150 Lightning The Cheapest Truck To Drive Today?
- Watch Ford F-150 Lightning Fully Charge Stranded Mini Cooper SE
- Brightdrop Buys AI Company To Help Customers Make The Switch To Electric
- Hyundai and Michelin partner to make EV tires more environmentally friendly