// GM announces Cadillac Celestiq electric car is going to be hand-built and 3D printed in low volume
GM announces today that the Cadillac Celestiq, the brand’s electric car after the Lyriq, is going to be a hand-built and 3D-printed ultra-luxury low-volume production vehicle.
- InsideEVs.com says Cadillac Celestiq To Be Hand-Built At GM’s Global Technical Center
// Sony And Honda Confirm Joint Venture Called Sony Honda Mobility Inc
Honda and Sony have been analyzing the possibility of starting up a joint venture that would combine their expertise and result in the creation of compelling electric vehicles.
- Electrek.com says Sony and Honda create joint EV company, and Sony gets top billing
THE FLEX // LAUNCHES, SALES, AND STATS
// Dynamic debut set for very quick EV6 GT: Kia’s most powerful car
Kia is looking to turn the heads of a certain kind of racing and motorsport fan with its debut of the quickest EV6 electric vehicle.
// Nio ES7 kicks off new generation of electric SUVs for Chinese automaker
The ES7 is somewhat larger than the Tesla Model Y. It will offer bidirectional charging and an available 150-kw Ultralong Range pack that tops 500 miles in the Chinese cycle.
THE FLEX // ONE LINERS
- Tesla prices rise by thousands, again: Model Y now starts at $67,190
- Germany: Plug-In Car Sales Decreased Slightly In May 2022
- Toyota Compact Cruiser EV shows electric off-roaders don’t have to be so huge
GO JUICE // BATTERY AND ALTERNATIVE FUELS NEWS
// Check out this solar + green hydrogen mobile nanogrid with a level 2 EV charger
Jackson, Michigan-based Sesame Solar is today unveiling what it claims is the world’s first fully renewable mobile nanogrid – that’s a small microgrid – that runs on solar and green hydrogen.
// Study finds more than a quarter of charging stations were nonfunctional
A new study found that more than one out of four public charging stations in the Bay Area were nonfunctional when tested.
// Royal Dutch Shell Is Making An Effort — Will It Be Enough?
Shell was one of the major sponsors of the Gladstone Ecofest. It has a stated goal of building a low-carbon integrated power business in Australia
GO JUICE // ONE LINERS
- EvoCharge to sell its EV chargers through Uni-Select Canada
- Stellantis and Samsung SDI form JV to build battery plant in Indiana
- Tesla expands Supercharger pilot program for non-Tesla EV owners to a large part of Europe
BEST OF THE REST // TODAY’S FAVOURITES
// Rimac Nevera Becomes Road-Legal As First Unit Gets License Plates
Mate Rimac, the founder of electric super sports car maker Rimac Automobili and EV powertrain components supplier Rimac Technology, has posted photos of the first Nevera hypercar that received license plates.
// Lucid Air OTA Software Update Leaves Car Temporarily Inoperable
Inoperable Following a recent over-the-air (OTA) software update, which seemed to struggle to initiate, a Lucid Air owner received a warning message that the update had failed and the car may not be drivable.
BEST OF THE REST // ONE LINERS
- Tesla is sending untrained employees to work on cars as service becomes problematic
- UK Ending Electric Car Subsidies To Concentrate On EV Charging Infrastructure
IN OTHER NEWS // HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
// Toyota BZ4X GR Performance Variant Is Being Considered
Toyota today is trying to shake off the image of being a manufacturer that makes dull cars by allowing its GR division to make some of its models more exciting, and the bZ4X EV might be next on the list for a sporty makeover.
// 2022 Volkswagen ID.4 GTX And ID.5 GTX Get More Pizzazz, Standard Kit
In a bid to make the ID.4 GTX and ID.5 GTX stand out more from regular models, Volkswagen has given the sporty electric SUVs it sells in Europe more comprehensive standard equipment
IN OTHER NEWS // ONE LINERS
- Tesla’s 10% Staff Cuts Have Begun, Ex-Employees Confirm On LinkedIn
- Tesla Has Highest Owner Rating Based On Data From Multiple Sites
- Hyundai discontinues Ioniq hybrid and PHEV